Friday, September 24, 2010

My Morning Routine- As the House Sees It

Once he wake's up  the terror begins. Once he leaves the room I sigh in reliefe. Once he walk's down the stairs the hell begins. The stairs creak like a groan of a dying animal. When he gets ready he makes me shake. The flowing water that runs down the drain, the birds chirping , the wind blowing. The snoring of passed out family members. The luminous glow in the fridge reveals the food. With the house is being disregarded like it is run by a foreign dictatorship. When he leaves for school there is peace in the world as I see it. When he is gone my hell becomes a heaven with it's own settling music that lifts all the stress that I receive. When he returns home during lunch I go through hell agian. When he leaves to go back to school I can't find the peace that I had earlier, because I knew that the chaos will never end. When he came back something happened, something different something that had never happened before. When he came home there was peace. A unsettling new peace that I seen of him. It seemed like he was thoughtful. It seemed like he cared about me and everyone that  surrounds me. With his new found respect for me. I think me and him can get along with each other.

3 comments:

  1. very good domenic. I really like your use of similes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this blog. It relates to how the family sees it to. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloria, your comments are good but you need to do more of them!

    ReplyDelete